Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year 2008 in my Life



God has been good to me I will be ungrateful if I say otherwise.


Psalm 139:13-18 (New International Version)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to [a] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

God has been good I will be totally ungrateful if I say otherwise

For me, the year 2008 was simply mind blowing. I saw God did the impossible for me. Yep, I had some disappointments and I made some grave mistakes but the scripture above sums up the way I feel about God and how he saw me through the year 2008.

I had alot of expectations in the year gone by, I thought I would be married by now and expecting my baby. Yep, it was one of my prayer points in 08 (others came to pass) but alias it didn't happen. God has remain God and I sure will not fret over that matter.
I got recognised and commended from quarters beyond my imagination, my family members have remained intact despite the threatening challenges (though I lost my cousin in July and my Aunt has been struggling back to life after suffering stroke), I had opportunity to attend three programmes outside the country all paid for, above all I am alive (lost two dear friends, Brig. Gen Giwa Amu in February and Chris Nwachukwu on December 11), well and lacking nothing. So quit worry and trust God completely.

There is an old saying that goes, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened". This essentially means that there is no use crying over split milk. You cannot turn back time and do things that would benefit you. Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue. New year is the time of new beginnings. It is time to start afresh and do things that would make someone else smile. Make a pledge to make at least one person happy. You will see the difference it can make in both your lives. The essential message of New Year is let go off the past and embrace life as it comes to you. You will be happier and merrier that way.
Who am I? Where am I from? What can I do? Where am I going? Dear Friend, as you step into 2009, these are fundamental questions I will want you to reflect and ponder on. As you arrive at the answers, God helping you, begin to take little steps towards where you are going to. No matter how little these steps may be, be rest assured that you will gain some significant grounds in no time and attract the right persons that will motivate and assist u towards where u are going. With a consistent focus and progressive efforts towards where you are going, frivolities, fantasy, and those things "that so easily beset us" will have no space in your priorities, because you will be pre-occupied with the pursuits of your destination goals. What more can I say but to wish u bountiful success in 2009. Happy New Year

This daily declaration worked well for me in 2008 and I am taking it over to 2009

MY DAILY DECLARATION 2008
This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Today, I declare and confess that I am filled with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. I boldly declare that I dwell in the secret place of the most High and my family and I are safe. I believe and I declare that no evil shall befall me neither shall any plague come near my dwelling place. I believe and I declare that I shall not die but live to declare the works of God.
Today and in 2009, the Lord is my helper and I shall not be afraid of what man shall do unto me. Today, I shall not waste my destiny and I shall not roam in the market square of life.
Today, the Lord shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I decree and I confess that there is no lack in my life, family and ministry because Jehovah God is my Shepherd. Yea, I decree and I declare that the Lord is my banner and He shall fight my battles into victory. No weapon formed against me shall prosper and God’s word is life to my flesh. I shall not waste my resources on sicknesses and in my life and pathway, there is no death. I shall excel in this day and I shall walk in favour beyond measure. The days of my labour are over and the days of my favour are born. I shall not drink the water of affliction and losses shall be far from my dwelling place.
Today, I hear the sound of abundance of rain and I hereby declare that there shall be a rain of Jubilee and Mercy on my life, family and ministry. I shall eat the good of the land and I shall be honoured. As I go out today, I declare that Christ in me is my hope of Glory. I therefore reject shame! My generation shall get the best from my life and ministry. I shall not die till I am accomplished. I decree and I declare that I am making a difference in the world and I am thankful to God. I shall not be a part of the wasted generation. I shall be revealed and I shall manifest as a son
of God to my generation. As I sleep, my hidden talents are revealed. As I awake my hidden talents are manifested. I am a great success story and I am a blessing to this generation. So help me God!

No comments: